Sunday, May 26, 2019

Cultural Lookbook - Japanese

Cultural Lookbook - Japanese

There are not enough cultural items in the Sims 4. It is by far the most diverse of all the sims games, but we need way more of it! Since I’ve joined the dark side and started downloading custom content, I’ve been amazed with what players have been able to create.
This lookbook focuses on traditional and contemporary Japanese styles

From creating these looks, I learned which traditional footwear to wear with each type of outfit. Zori are sandal-like shoes made of fabric, brocade, or vinyl and must be worn with tabi socks and are worn with kimonos. Geta shoes are informal all-season sandals made of wood and are worn with yukatas. (Yukatas are casual kimono-like garments worn during the summer.) 

Another type of traditional clothing is called a hakama. Men wear them on both formal and informal occasions, but women rarely wear them except for graduation ceremonies and viewing traditional Japanese sports. (We'll pretend my sim is going to a graduation in Look #11 😉)

DOWNLOAD:

You can find this sim on the gallery under Origin ID: eregister or you can download the tray files here (mediafire, no ads.) You will still need to download all the CC for your sim to look like mine. For a close up picture, click here.

Disclaimer: I am a white woman. If I used something culturally inappropriate/insensitive, please tell me so I can learn and grow (and update the lookbook.) I never mean to stereotype or imply these are the only types of clothing people wear.

Thank you CC creators and enjoy!

CC:


Genetic/Makeup Details:

Look #1:

Look #2:

Look #3:

Look #4:

Look #5:

Look #6:

Look #7:

Look #8:

Look #9:

Look #10:

Look #11:

Look #12:

2 comments: