Sunday, July 14, 2019

Decades Lookbook: The 1950's

Decades Lookbook: The 1950's


Last but not least in my 20th Century Lookbook series is the 1950's. I saved this decade last because it's one of my personal favorite styles (see simself lookbook) and I actually already made a 50's lookbook when I first started this simblr! Thank you all for following along and I hope if you attempt the Decades Challenge that I made your life a little easier 😊

The 1950's was a decade where perfect housewives wore full skirt dresses, husbands donned suits and fedora hats, and teenagers danced to Rock 'n Roll in poodle skirts at sock hops. I took inspiration from James Dean, Elvis, the original Barbie doll and Bettie Page for a few of these looks. 

By the end of the decade, the world had largely recovered from World War II and the Cold War developed to a hot competition between the United States and the Soviet Union by the early-1960's. Clashes between communism and capitalism dominated the decade, especially in the Northern Hemisphere. The conflicts included the Korean War in the beginnings of the decade and the beginning of the Space Race with the launch of Sputnik 1.

DOWNLOAD:


You can find these sims on the gallery under Origin ID: eregister or you can download the tray files here (mediafire, no ads.) You will still need to download all the CC for your sims to look like mine.

I created four sims for this lookbook (from left to right, first photo): Daryl, Susan, Barbara and Thomas; that's the order you'll find their CC.

Thank you SO much to the CC creators I used and enjoy!


CC:


Genetic/Makeup Details - Daryl:

Look #1:

Look #2:

Look #3:


Genetic/Makeup Details - Susan:

Look #1:

Look #2:

Genetic/Makeup Details - Barbara:

Look #1:

Look #2:

Look #3:

Genetic/Makeup Details - Thomas:

Look #1:

Look #2:

Look #3:

No comments:

Post a Comment